Blogging is one of the most valuable tools that an author can use to promote their work, gain credibility and build a following. Authors must blog and create a blogging strategy to maximize these benefits. If you’re not blogging and need some motivation, here are
7 Reasons Why Authors Must Blog
- Increase followers – Blogging helps you connect with readers and develop relationships. Readers gravitate toward places they get value from, so if you are consistently writing interesting content, you will build a loyal following. BONUS: Don’t always write about your process and your book. Mix it up by writing about interesting, yet relatable topics, that anyone will enjoy reading.
- Show off your work – As a writer, blogging gives readers a glimpse into your talent. It also becomes a platform to promote your book to your followers. BONUS: You can practice new writing techniques and gather feedback.
- It’s free promotion – There are no costs involved in blogging and promoting your blog. Popular blogs rank high on internet searches and are read and shared consistently increasing exposure and followers. BONUS: Unlike ads blog articles stay posted on the internet.
- Build and support your online brand – Blogging is another way to promote your brand and online presence. The more times a follower sees your work, your message, logo, colors, and style of writing, the more comfortable they are in sharing and even promoting your brand. BONUS: Blogging is essentially free public relations for a small amount of time investment.
- Increase website presence – Every time you write a blog, you increase the chances to show up in an organic search. This along with promoting your blog on social media will drive more traffic to your website. BONUS: Use SEO (search engine optimization) for best results. Look up tutorials or hire a professional.
- Helps you build credibility – When you consistently create quality content for your followers, you build trust and position yourself as an expert. These followers can represent instant book sales. BONUS: You not only become an “expert,” but you become the automatic ‘go to’ authority.
- Can help you get published – One of the first places a publisher will go to look up an author is their website. Publishers are more attracted to authors who have an active blog and social media presence. BONUS: Create a “Book Trailer” for increased interest from publishers.
There are several blogging platforms that you can begin working with, however, blogging from your website is the best option. If you are unsure of how to begin, reach out to a marketing professional and make sure to include blogging in your marketing plan. BONUS: Stress Free Book Marketing provides a free 15-minute consultation on why authors must blog and other strategies.
Rick Lite of Stress Free Book Marketing, stands at the forefront of the ever-changing book industry. He is a seasoned book marketing professional with over 13 years of experience in the industry. Rick’s expertise comes from tirelessly working on new and innovative ways to market his own books and CDs with his company and parent company, Stress Free Kids. Embracing the core values of integrity, innovation, and growth, Rick works closely with authors to create custom, robust book marketing programs. His easy-going manner provides “stress-free” support and comfort to authors going through the book marketing process for the first time. Rick is quick to share his knowledge and “insider tips” for a successful marketing campaign that will lead to increased exposure, awareness and most importantly, sales.