Websites for Self-Publishing
When self-publishing your own book, there are many things that you need to know and do to set up and position your book properly. This list of websites for self-publishing will allow you to take your time and research the information needed. If you would like to save time and money contact Stress Free Publishers to do this for you! Some of these services are included in our publishing package.
Over the past 15 years on our road to success, we made mistakes and wasted money. There is no reason why you need to do the same! Enjoy this list of websites for self-publishing which includes agencies and organizations that will play a role in self-publishing your book.
- US Copyright Office: your first stop in registering your work. Take your time and make sure you are filing the right forms.
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data: A Cataloging in Publication record (aka CIP data) is a bibliographic record prepared by the Library of Congress for a book that has not yet been published.
- Book Industry Study Group (BISAC Codes): subject heading codes for authors to best categorize their titles under the categories which best describe the book’s subject.
- Nielsen BookScan UK & Ireland: keeps track of sales information for book titles and compiles that data for the industry in a variety of ways for all players in the industry.
- Bowker: the leading provider of global book information and decision-support solutions through services that promote an efficient supply chain to publishers, booksellers, and libraries. AKA, a place to register your title, get ISBNs and bar codes all under one roof.
- ISBN 13/10 Converter: an ISBN converter for those looking to keep track of both 10 digits and 13 digit ISBNs
- U.S. Trademark Office: the agency which can register your mark. Be careful with the forms to make sure they cover your mark as best as possible. Great directions and samples on the site to assist with these intimidating forms.