In today's book market, authors have choices where and how to self-publish their book. But understanding the best way to do this can be confusing and sometimes overwhelming. Since 2003, Rick and Lori Lite have been publishing books with Simon and Schuster, Penguin Random House, and Scholastic while self-publishing dozen of titles for authors and their own publishing imprint, Stress Free Kids.
Experience what it’s like to work with a reliable, experienced, and successful self-publisher.
Below are 3 of our most popular self-publishing plans. If your manuscript fits outside of these plans let us know.
This package is for the author who has a manuscript, free of errors up to 25,000 words, (apx.100 pages) and a cover concept completed. We will take it from here and provide you with a completed product, ready to be printed and submitted for distribution. Like all of our packages, this comes with a 100% quality guarantee! This package includes:
- Your own dedicated publishing representative to provide support and guidance throughout the process
- Interior design for a paperback, hardcover, and eBook
- Formatting for your existing cover concept
- Converting your physical book to an eBook
- Barcode for the physical book cover
- Copyright page setup
- Print on Demand and distribution setup with IngramSpark and KDP, or BookBaby, B&N publishing or other company
- Complete metadata evaluation and optimization for SEO and best practices
- Assistance with U.S. Copyright and Library of Congress filings
- Discounts on our marketing plans when purchased together
This package is for the author who has a manuscript between 25,000 - 75,000 words (apx.100-300 pages) This package includes:
- All services in Self-Publishing Package One PLUS:
- Basic cover design *
This package is for the author who has a manuscript between 75,000 - 125,000 words, (apx. 300-500 pages) and needs advanced cover design or specialized services. This package includes:
- All services in Self-Publishing Package One and Two PLUS:
- Advanced cover design and or Interior design **
- Complimentary physical book proof after the digital proof is approved.
Specialized services can be purchased a-la-cart, and added into any package. Tell your dedicated publishing representative what your needs are for an accurate quote on these services.
- Artists for illustrations
- Editing Services
- Advanced cover design
* Basic Cover Design focuses on one central image and includes placement of all text on the front, spine and back covers, author bio and barcode, all created on the template of your choice. Includes 1 moc-ups with 3 rounds of revisions.
* Basic Interior Design includes only text with no images, graphics, charts, or specialized formatting and typography.
** Advanced Cover Design offers a more robust look combining graphic elements and images with stylized fonts and theme. Includes up to 2 moc-ups with 5 rounds of revisions.
** Advanced Interior Design can include images, graphics, charts and specialized formatting and typography.